Electrocardiogram (EKG) Description
State approved Electrocardiogram (EKG) training program is designed to prepare you to take the National Exam. EKG Technicians provide critical support to medical facilities in a clinical or office environment.
Our EKG program will teach all aspects relating to this growing field. Areas of study will include but not limited to, introduction to EKG, electrical conduction system, dysrhythmias, stress test, telemetry, holter monitor, artifacts, lead variations. 3 lead, 5 lead, and 12 lead.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to
- Define the duties of a EKG technician
- Have complete understanding and be able to identify the cause of dysrhythmia
- Perform stress test and be aware of contraindications
- Perform proper lead placement
- Complete knowledge of 3 lead, 5 lead and 12 lead placement
Objectives of Course
To be eligible for career opportunities in a medical facility.
Upon completion of this course, students will be eligible to be Nationally Certified as a EKG Technician.
Course Documents Due Within First Two (2) Weeks of Class
- 18 years of age
- Criminal Background check within one (1) month of the first day of class; felonies and certain mis-demeanors will prevent admission (offered at ACI for $15).
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Basis Life Support (CPR for Healthcare Providers (offered at ACI for $60)