3.2 - Week Classes!
State approved Electrocardiogram (EKG) training program is designed to prepare you to take the National Exam. EKG Technicians provide critical support to medical facilities in a clinical or office environment.
Our EKG program will teach all aspects relating to this growing field. Areas of study will include but are not limited to, introduction to EKG, electrical conduction system, dysrhythmias, stress test, telemetry, Holter monitor, artifacts, lead variations (3 lead, 5 lead, and 12 lead).
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Define the duties of an EKG technician
- Have complete understanding, and be able to identify the cause of dysrhythmia
- Perform stress tests, and be aware of contraindications
- Perform proper lead placement
- Complete knowledge of 3 lead, 5 lead and 12 lead placement
Upon completion of the Electrocardiogram (EKG) training program, students will be eligible to take the National Certification Exam at ACI thru National Healthcareer Association.
Due within first 2 weeks of class
- 18 years of age
- BP Cuff/Stethoscope (ACI sells for $40)
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Basic Life Support - CPR for Healthcare Providers -offered at ACI for $70
September 7; December 12
|Monday, Wednesday, 1/2 Day Fridays||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|4 Weeks||September 22; October 27||Tuesday & Thursday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|4 Weeks||October 24; February 14||Monday – Wednesday||5:00 PM – 10:00 PM|
$1300 - Tuition, INCLUDES books, supplies, and background check
- $400 - Deposit
- $300 - 3 Weekly Payments (first payment due one week prior to the start of class)