Patient Care Technician
CNA/PCT Combo Classes Also Available
Atlanta Career Institute (ACI) is a State Approved Patient Care Technician (PCT) Training program licensed through the Nonpublic – Post Secondary Education Committee (NPEC). Our PCT training classes are specifically designed for students to learn with ease, using a variety of teaching methods.
Our Patient Care Technician program is designed to prepare you to take the National Exam. Patient Care Technicians work closely with patients in most cases directly under the supervision of a nurse or physician.
The PCT training you will receive at ACI includes, but not limited to: blood pressure, heart rate, pulse, administer medications, and acquiring blood samples. Internship and lab is completed at the school, and includes a successful number of EKG’s run and interpreted.
Objectives of Course
Upon completion of the Patient Care Technician program, students will be eligible to take the National PCT, Phlebotomy and Electrocardiogram (EKG) Exam at ACI. Once nationally certified, you will find Patient Care Technician (PCT) job opportunities in hospitals, doctor’s offices, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities.
- 18 years of age
- Criminal background check within one (1) month of start of class; felonies and certain mid-demeanors will prevent admission, offered at ACI for $20
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification, or 2 years in comparable medical field
- Government issued photo ID & social security card
- CPR/BLS – offered at ACI, $70
9.5 weeks classroom
Monday – Thursday 9am-3:00pm
10.5 weeks classroom
Monday – Wednesday 5:00pm -10:00pm