Atlanta Career Institute (ACI) is a State Approved Patient Care Technician (PCT) Training program licensed through the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (GNPEC). Our PCT training classes are specifically designed for students to learn with ease, using a variety of teaching methods.
8 Week Classes!
CNA/PCT Combo Classes Also Available
Our Patient Care Technician program is designed to prepare you to take the National Exam. Patient Care Technicians work closely with patients in most cases directly under the supervision of a nurse or physician.
The PCT training you will receive at ACI includes, but is not limited to: blood pressure, heart rate, pulse, administer medications, and acquiring blood samples. Internship and lab is completed at the school.
Upon completion of the Patient Care Technician (PCT) training program, students will be eligible to take exams the National exams for PCT, EKG, and Phlebotomy. All exams offered at ACI.
At ACI, our Patient Care Technician program instructors are committed to the individual success each student. They have a proven success rate with their students. In addition, each PCT training program instructor is experienced, patient, and dedicated.
Objectives of Course
Prepare students to take Patient Care Technician, Electrocardiogram (EKG), and Phlebotomy National Exams. Once nationally certified, you will find Patient Care Technician (PCT) job opportunities in hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities.
Course Documents Due Within First Two (2) Weeks of Class
Please submit the following within 1st week of class:
- 18 years of age
- Criminal background check within one (1) month of start of class; felonies and certain mid-demeanors will prevent admission (offered at ACI for $20)
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification, or 2 years in comparable medical field
- Government issued photo ID & social security card
- Basic Life Support - CPR for Healthcare Providers -offered at ACI for $70. First Aide is optional ($70), however most offices are requiring.
Morning Classes - 9 Weeks
|8 Week||Classroom||Monday, Wednesday, Friday||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
Morning Classes - 10 Weeks
|10 Weeks||Classroom||Tuesday & Thursday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|10 Weeks||Classroom||Monday – Wednesday||5:00 PM – 10:00 PM|