Hemodialysis Training Program
Nationally Certified Dialysis Technician Classes
High Job Demand
Affordable payment plans!
Georgia has the highest Kidney failure rate in the country according to the Center for Disease Control!
The renal failure rate is expected to double over the next 10 years.
Our Hemodialysis training class is designed to prepare you to take the National Exam. Dialysis Technicians monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment. Students will learn the necessary techniques to take care of patients in a dialysis setting.
Our state of the art Fresenius Dialysis machine used to train our students. The same machine that is currently being used by Dialysis centers.
The curriculum covered will include body mechanics, machine setup and breakdown, water treatment, and vascular access.
At ACI, our Dialysis classes are unique to any other program.
We have Fresenious 2008K machines equipped with student training simulators. Also, our program incorporates a specialized vascular access segment.
Our Hemodialysis training program at Atlanta Career (ACI) offers our students over 20 years experience in the field! Our technicians are Nationally Certified.
At ACI, our Hemodialysis training program uses the State of the Art equipment. We have direct relationships with Dialysis Centers around Georgia to assist you in reaching your goals.
Basic Dialysis Skills
This program introduces students to basic hemodialysis skills.
The Key Course Components of our Hemodialysis training class at Atlanta Career Institute are:
- Principles of Dialysis
- Knowledge of Hemodialysis devices
- Vascular access
- Hemodialysis Procedures
- Hemodialysis Complications
- Dialyzer Reprocessing
- Water Treatment
Objectives of Course
Upon completion of the Hemodialysis training class satisfactorily (140 classroom/150 clinical), students will be eligible to work at a dialysis center while preparing for the National Exam.
The National Certification is received (required to complete within 1 year of completion of program) upon passing the National Exam.
- TB skin test or chest X-ray within the past 2 years
- Drug Screen, within 1 month
- BLS/CPR First Aide for Healthcare Providers – offered at ACI for $60
- 18 years of age
- Criminal background check within one (1) month; felonies and certain misdemeanors will prevent admission- included in admission fee
- If you are pregnant, a letter from a physician is required giving permission to attend clinicals
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Hepatitis B Antigen (H45604) and Antibody (86291) screening,